Safari, Boat Cruise
Lake Mburo National Park – Kampala
Entebbe International Airport
This 3 Days Lake Mburo safari takes you to Lake Mburo National Park, exploring its rich savannah grasslands and the wildlife and settlements that it sustains.
Home to 350 bird species, as well as a host of exotic wildlife including zebra, impala, eland, buffalo, oribi, Defassa waterbuck, leopard, hippo, hyena, topi and reedbuck, Lake Mburo is the perfect place to take a game drive or cruise the banks of the lake to see the variety of creatures drawn to its waters.
Lake Mburo National Park
Equator stop | Lake Mburo game drive | Lake Mburo boat trip
- Equator | Lake Mburo park wildlife | Lake Mburo
Day 1 – Travel to Lake Mburo National Park
Set off from Kampala at 6:30am Lake Mburo National Park. 3-4 hour drive with a stopover at the Equator. Continue through savannah grasslands with settlements, plantations and herds of local long horned Ankole cattle.
Day 2 – Game drive and Boat launch on Lake Mburo
In Lake Mburo National Park you will go for a game drive in search for zebra, leopard, giraffe, eland, impala, kobs and a variety of birds. Then there is a lunch break after which you go for a 2 hour boat launch on Lake Mburo and see a variety of water animals such as hippos, crocodiles and several bird species.
Day 3 – Travel back to Kampala
❭❭ Transportation in a super custom
❭❭ Game drive
❭❭ Boat cruise
❭❭ Entrance fees
Visa requirements for Uganda
With effect from July 1, 2015, visa fees for entry into Uganda were revised as follows:
❭❭ Single Entry Visa US$50
❭❭ Multiple Entry Visa US$100
❭❭ East Africa Tourist Visa US$100
❭❭ Government Officials No fee
❭❭ Diplomatic Visa No fee
All visa applications must be submitted online. Paper applications will not be processed and may result in delays.
Visa applications for holders of passports:
- Submit an online application here.
- Your passport must have been valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel and for 6 months after your expected departure from Uganda.
- You will need to submit a money order for the correct visa from the list above.
- You will need to submit a letter of invitation/introduction if you are travelling for business.
- You are required to present an international inoculation certificate against yellow fever at the point of entry in Uganda.
- Please enclose a prepaid, self-addressed UPS, FEDEX, DHL,USPS Priority or Express return envelope with your application. Regular envelopes are not accepted.
Visa applications for holders of travel documents
Holders of travel documents (not passports) issued by the U.S. Immigration Department to refugees are required to submit the following in addition to the above requirements.
- An invitation from the host legally residing in Uganda.
- A letter obtained by the host from the local authorities (e.g. Local Council Chairman) confirming he/she resides in that locality.
- A copy of the host’s photo ID such as a drivers licence, national ID card or passport.