Hiking, Nature walks
Rwenzori Mountains National Park
Entebbe International Airport
This 3 Days Rwenzori hiking safari (Rwenzori Mountains National park hiking tour) will take you through the tall forest trees of the Afro montane forest zone, the beautiful Enock falls, the Bamboo zone to Kalalama camp and finally to the Samalira camp at 3174 metres.
Rwenzori Mountains National Park
Afro montane forest zone | Enock falls | The Bamboo zone | Samalira camp | Kalalama camp
Meet up for a briefing and then start the hike to sleep at Sine Camp 2596 metres, the hike will take you through the tall forest trees of the Afro montane forest zone. This is a steady climb for about 6 kilometers then climb along a steep ridge towards Sine hut. There are beautiful Enock falls which are just 200 metres from the Camp and offer a splendid opportunity to capture a great screensaver for your memories.
Hike up through the Bamboo zone to Kalalama camp, stop for a short rest then climb high before crossing a thick forest covered with hanging mosses to a small lobelia garden, and descend through a mossy ridge to Samalira camp at 3174 metres
Descend down through the Bamboo zone to a heavily forest ridge home for many primates such as black and white Columbus monkeys and back down to the base camp.
Inclusions and Exclusions
1 or 2 persons
$450 hiking fees + $35 park entrance fees per day (paid separately at the gates of the National Park)per person
- Accommodation whilst the hike
- Personal expenses
- Accommodation before and after the trek
- Transfers to and from the starting point
3PAX and More
$420 hiking fees + $35 park entrance fees per day (paid separately at the gates of the National Park) per person.
Visa requirements for Uganda
With effect from July 1, 2015, visa fees for entry into Uganda were revised as follows:
❭❭ Single Entry Visa US$50
❭❭ Multiple Entry Visa US$100
❭❭ East Africa Tourist Visa US$100
❭❭ Government Officials No fee
❭❭ Diplomatic Visa No fee
All visa applications must be submitted online. Paper applications will not be processed and may result in delays.
Visa applications for holders of passports:
- Submit an online application here.
- Your passport must have been valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel and for 6 months after your expected departure from Uganda.
- You will need to submit a money order for the correct visa from the list above.
- You will need to submit a letter of invitation/introduction if you are travelling for business.
- You are required to present an international inoculation certificate against yellow fever at the point of entry in Uganda.
- Please enclose a prepaid, self-addressed UPS, FEDEX, DHL,USPS Priority or Express return envelope with your application. Regular envelopes are not accepted.
Visa applications for holders of travel documents
Holders of travel documents (not passports) issued by the U.S. Immigration Department to refugees are required to submit the following in addition to the above requirements.
- An invitation from the host legally residing in Uganda.
- A letter obtained by the host from the local authorities (e.g. Local Council Chairman) confirming he/she resides in that locality.
- A copy of the host’s photo ID such as a drivers licence, national ID card or passport.