Bwindi Impenetrable forest – Kihihi Airstrip
Entebbe International Airport/Kihihi Airstrip
Join our experienced trackers on this 3 days gorilla trekking bwindi adventure encountering Uganda’s Mountain Gorillas. From the air enjoy fascinating views of Bwindi Impenetrable forest, one of Uganda’s most biologically diverse areas and home to an abundance of birds, butterflies and much more. This once-in-a-lifetime adventure isn’t to be missed.
Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
Bwindi nature walks | Bird watching | Batwa tribe visit | Basket weaving | Gorilla trekking | Optional secondary gorilla trek
Lake Victoria | Kihihi airstrip | Batwa | Gorillas
3 days gorilla trekking bwindi – Uganda gorilla safari in Bwindi Forest
Day 1 – Fly to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Domestic flight from Entebbe to Kihihi Airstrip, cruising over Lake Victoria – Africa’s largest lake and source of the White Nile – and enjoying the magnificent views above Bwindi Impenetrable Forest.
On arrival, you will be met by a company representative who will transfer you to your accommodation.
Accommodation: Mahogany Springs Lodge
Day 2 – Gorilla Trekking Adventure
Journey deep into Bwindi forest to track Mountain gorillas with the expert advice of a ranger guide. You will be given a short briefing before embarking. Locating the gorilla families can take a few hours depending on how far they have moved from their resting place. Once located, you can spend an hour with these rare and beautiful animals. Once you have completed you trek, you will return to the lodge for a well-earned rest and be a certificate for your participation.
Accommodation: Mahogany Springs Lodge
Day 3 – Fly back to Entebbe
❭❭ All transfers
❭❭ Transportation in a 4×4
❭❭ Domestic air fare
❭❭ 1 expert, English-speaking driver/guide
❭❭ All accommodation while on tour
❭❭ Meals as specified in the itinerary
❭❭ Gorilla Trekking Permits and park entrance fees
❭❭ All activities mentioned in the itinerary
What’s not included:
❭❭ International flights
❭❭ Accommodation on arrival day
❭❭ Visa and personal insurance
❭❭ Alcoholic drinks
❭❭ Tips and gratuities
❭❭ Personal expenses
❭❭ Any item or activity not mentioned in the tour package
Visa requirements for Uganda
With effect from July 1, 2015, visa fees for entry into Uganda were revised as follows:
↠ Single Entry Visa US$50
↠ Multiple Entry Visa US$100
↠ East Africa Tourist Visa US$100
↠ Government Officials No fee
↠ Diplomatic Visa No fee
All visa applications must be submitted online. Paper applications will not be processed and may result in delays.
Visa applications for holders of passports:
- Submit an online application here.
- Your passport must have been valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel and for 6 months after your expected departure from Uganda.
- You will need to submit a money order for the correct visa from the list above.
- You will need to submit a letter of invitation/introduction if you are travelling for business.
- You are required to present an international inoculation certificate against yellow fever at the point of entry in Uganda.
- Please enclose a prepaid, self-addressed UPS, FEDEX, DHL,USPS Priority or Express return envelope with your application. Regular envelopes are not accepted.
Visa applications for holders of travel documents
Holders of travel documents (not passports) issued by the U.S. Immigration Department to refugees are required to submit the following in addition to the above requirements.
- An invitation from the host legally residing in Uganda.
- A letter obtained by the host from the local authorities (e.g. Local Council Chairman) confirming he/she resides in that locality.
- A copy of the host’s photo ID such as a drivers licence, national ID card or passport.